Saturday 25 February 2012

Impressions of a city.

I have just woken up after the best nights sleep so far. The night before last we travelled from Buenos Aires north west to Cordoba. Leaving at 9pm we travelled by coach 10 hours through the night and, whilst not being able to admire the scenery, not being able to sleep gave me plenty of time to think about Buenos Aires and my time photographing there.

Buenos Aires is a very inspiring place, the people, the music, the colours, and the art, yet looking back over my photos, they seem quite uninspired. We found the city, like many cities, to be quite an imposing place. The blocks of buildings, closely packed together tower over you as you walk through the busy tourist filled streets, and for me, being a bit of a country boy, it all became a bit of a blur.

Don't let me give you the wrong impression, we had a fantastic time, and I have left with pages of  ideas. It has been a valuable learning process, I realise now that I will have to quickly adapt to the environment provided, the space I have to work in, and the people I have to work around. Not everything can go according to plan, and  I guess that's what's going to make this trip more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter